Associates and Service Providers
Michele Pentyliuk, M.Ed., is a Registered Psychologist and Certified Teacher. She is in private practice where she conducts learning assessments and provides strategy instruction for individuals with learning and attention problems. Michele started her career as a Special Education teacher, then moved into private practice working as an educational consultant before embarking on her graduate program where she focused her studies on assessment and treatment for students with learning disabilities, culminating her program with a thesis evaluating parental involvement in the assessment process. Michele has presented workshops to parents, professionals, and students throughout Canada on a wide range of topics related to learning and learning differences. She has provided strategy instruction to individuals, small groups and large audiences. As a volunteer with the Edmonton Chapter of the Learning Disabilities Association, she facilitated both parent and adult support groups, and has worked on the organization committee for the 2001, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011 and 2012 Learning Disabilities Association of Alberta’s (LDAA) Provincial Conferences. She has been a board member of the LDAA since 2006, and is the co-chair of the Psychologists Association of Alberta’s School Psychology Committee.
- Registered Psychologist # 2861
- M. Ed, University of Alberta, 2001
- Certified Teacher
- Former regular and special education junior high teacher
- More than 15 years experience as an Educational Consultant
- Presenter at dozens of conferences throughout Canada
- Published in the Canadian Journal of School Psychology (2002), the Journal of Gifted and Talented Educational Council of the Alberta Teachers’ Association (2003) and Psymposium (2013).
- Co-authored Interactive Study Skills Teachers’ Manual and Flash Card Assist, an interactive software program.
- Co-authored Nait’s Strategies for Success manual, a study guide available to all Nait students.
- Developer, Alberta’s Learner’s Licence Prep Kit
- Past-President, Learning Disabilities Association of Alberta
- Member, School Psychology Committee, Psychologists Association of Alberta
- Practice Advisor, Psychologists Association of Alberta